“Creative Technician”…what the heck is that?
I see my role, primarily, as that of a possibilitist. I listen closely to your ideas, what you hope to create, the problem you are working and then share with you the possibilities technology may offer. My years of immersion in Maker culture, joyfully exploring new and unusual uses for the wonders of emerging and age-old tech, provide me with a deep pool of possible solutions to your creative problems. While I am happy to help suggest solutions and inform you of the possibilities and challenges, I always keep in mind that the piece is YOUR work and will strive to help YOUR vision come to fruition. In those cases where a more collaborative model is what you are seeking, I would love to work with you to make our ideas a reality.
What I bring to the project.
- Lateral & Connective Thinking
- Familiarity with a multitude of available technologies
- Arduino and other microcontrollers
- Sensors and servos and motors…oh, my!
- LED programming, powering and control
- An understanding of physics, engineering principals and material sciences.
- A deep love of “working the problem”
- Sourcing and pricing materials/tech
- Install, programming and merging of the technology with the final piece.
I would love to hear from you to begin a discussion. Dream big and I will see what I can do to help make it all possible.